I get to wear this baller eye guard to bed, taped to my face. I feel like a not at all bad ass version of Bill Laimbeer.
New glasses are my old glasses. Doc says everything is so far so good, go back in two weeks for another checkup.
Support your local street racer
Springsteen wrote this about escaping from Jersey and the trap that kept us down; but street racing muscle cars was nationwide and how gearheads like me escaped the drudgery of life, if only for a few hours…
In the day we sweat it out in the streets of a runaway american dream
At night we ride through mansions of glory in suicide machines
Sprung from cages out on highway 9,
Chrome wheeled, fuel injected and steppin out over the line
Baby this town rips the bones from your back
Its a death trap, it’s a suicide rap
We gotta get out while were young
`cause tramps like us, baby we were born to run
Wendy let me in I wanna be your friend
I want to guard your dreams and visions
Just wrap your legs round these velvet rims
And strap your hands across my engines
Together we could break this trap
Well run till we drop, baby well never go back
Will you walk with me out on the wire
`cause baby Im just a scared and lonely rider
But I gotta find out how it feels
I want to know if love is wild, girl I want to know if love is real
Beyond the palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard
The girls comb their hair in rearview mirrors
And the boys try to look so hard
The amusement park rises bold and stark
Kids are huddled on the beach in a mist
I wanna die with you wendy on the streets tonight
In an everlasting kiss
The highways jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive
Everybodys out on the run tonight but there’s no place left to hide
Together wendy well live with the sadness
Ill love you with all the madness in my soul
Someday girl I don’t know when were gonna get to that place
Where we really want to go and well walk in the sun
But till then tramps like us baby we were born to run
Don’t like Bruce, reblogging for the Detroit pic.
Sheep, Firestone Farm, Greenfield Village.
A note for you model makers out there, look at how grey all of the wood is. Not brown. Just an observation.
1. I live about 5 miles from Detroit, right near the river.
2. I haven’t watched network or cable television for several years. I get my news from the radio and internet. If I do watch tv, it’s netflix, or DVR F! at my parents house.
3. I live alone. With a cat.
4. I build model scenery and paint little lead men to live in that world, but I’ve never played a wargame before.
5. I’ve probably lost around 80 pounds the last couple of years. Having a job that doesn’t involve a chair is brilliant for that sort of thing.
6. I’m learning how to fly RC planes this summer. When I say learning, I mean self taught.
7. In all of my years of model making and carving foam, I’ve only ever cut myself once.
8. I studied photography in college. Would have made a career of it if it wasn’t for them inventing digital cameras. (Curses)
9. I do impressions of people when telling stories about them, and it sometimes gets me in trouble. I can’t help it though.
10. Oh, I’ve met three of my followers this summer. Breadandwargames, Jennisbaum, and imonmywayup. It’s fun, I’d like to meet more of them.
1982 Detroit GP
If only they would come back…